Our search for a new school head is well under way following the announcement in late March that Meg Taylor will be leaving the post in June 2017.
In May, the Board of Trustees selected search consultants Jayne Geiger and Jean LaMont from Educators’ Collaborative (EC) to assist in this process. Founded in 1971, EC has conducted over 350 head searches and an equal number of senior administrative searches.
Jayne and Jean have been charged with the following:
- Identify Parker’s strengths and challenges
- Identify qualifications required of a new Head
- Develop a position statement
- Recruit, screen and evaluate qualified candidates
- Manage interviews and campus visits
- Provide transition services to the new Head for one year
Our objective is to find a leader who will embrace the mission and culture of Parker and – building on its strengths and accomplishments – continue to grow the school.
Jayne and Jean met with key stakeholders and parents during an initial visit to the school May 9-10. They also conducted an online survey to gather input from people with whom they did not have an opportunity to meet.
The Board of Trustees is ultimately responsible for the recruitment and appointment of a new School Head. The Board is committed to keeping the entire Parker community informed and involved in the process of selecting a new leader – someone who will carry on with the same devotion to the school’s mission as Meg.
And, although Parker is fortunate to have her until the end of the next academic year, it is not too soon to thank Meg for what will end up being 14 years of dedicated and transformative service.
Updates on the search will be posted here as they become available.
~ Caroline Melkonian, Search Committee Chair
We invite you to review these letters regarding Meg’s departure and our search process:
- Meg Taylor Retirement Letter 03-29-16
- Board Chair on Meg Retirement and Search 03-29-16
- Update from Search Committee Chair 05-04-16
- Update from Search Committee Chair 05-12-16
- Announcement of New Head of School