Thank you for visiting our Planet Parker page!
Here are our 2019 Planet Parker offerings.
Planet Parker is an outgrowth of our integrated, interdisciplinary curriculum and project-based program. It utilizes our unique campus, giving students and teachers a context for hands-on, experiential investigation and discovery that ignites enthusiasm, motivation, skill development, and commitment.
- 77 acres of meadows and woods with two creeks and vernal springs
- 5 K trail system with interactive learning stations, developed and built by Parker families
- 1/2 acre pond
- Science lab in the new Discovery Center
- Classroom sets of laptops, Chromebooks and iPads
- Pavilion and Treehouse outdoor classrooms
- 9 themed demonstration gardens including herb garden, butterfly garden, prairie garden, and scent garden built by Master Gardeners of Rensselaer County
- Demonstration green-roof building
- Student built greenhouse
- Honey bee hives
- Raised bed vegetable gardens
- Low Ropes course